Why the move from the Warwick Hotel?
After nearly 17 years, it will be sad to leave the Warwick. But costs have continued to skyrocket even after the economy weakened. In the end, we were being strangled by high hotel costs, not to mention a restrictive environment regarding food. We apologize to all EWS attendees who might be inconvenienced by our move. Figure it this way: the money you save will more than cover the cost of a few taxi fares.
Tell me about New York Vintners.
New York Vintners (www.newyorkvintners.com) is an innovative three-year-old store located a few blocks from City Hall. The store features a separate, comfortable, charming event space with a full kitchen. New York Vintners is run by Shane Benson, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, as is full-time Executive Chef, Christopher Meeker. Several other principals in NYV came from Italian Wine Merchants.
How will EWS tastings be different?
By adding a new component – food – we’ve made a good thing better. Something good will always be cooking at EWS before (and sometimes during) each tasting! You’ll notice a sharp upgrade in the quality of the baguettes we provide. We’re also going back to serving cheeses from Murray’s Cheese, arguably the best source for high-end cheese in America.
What about stemware?
More good news: Spieglau.
Are there any good restaurants nearby?
Are you kidding? You’re in Tribeca. There are tons of terrific restaurants within walking distance!
As a Member, I loved saving money. I’ll miss that.
No you won’t! You’ll be delighted by our new lower prices. In fact, two of the eight spring events are priced less than $100! And remember, it’s still smart to register early for all EWS tastings!
Can you provide a map?
New York Vintners is located at 21 Warren Street, between Broadway and Church Street in lower Manhattan. CLICK HERE for map.
I drive into NYC. What’s the parking situation?
There are lots of choices. The closest parking garage is two short blocks away — Central Parking System, 75 Park Place (corner of West Broadway). You can enter via Park Place or Murray Street.
What about subway options?
The following subway stops are all a short walk to New York Vintners:
R, W to City Hall
6 to City Hall
A, C to Chambers Street
1, 2, 3 to Chambers Street
We need to receive payment within 14 days of phone, fax, or e-mail reservations. After 14 days, EWS has the option to cancel unpaid reservations. If you have a special problem regarding payment within the 14 day window, please let us know.
• No refunds. No exceptions. No kidding.
• Credit toward future EWS events will be issued only to individuals who cancel at least two weeks before a scheduled event.
• No refunds or credits for Member’s Only tastings.
• All reservations are transferable, i.e., you can always send someone in your place.
• No half pours or sharing of glasses.
• Makes no representations or warranties of any kind as to the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of contained information or materials;
• Assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in this site’s contents (including factual, typographical or technical inaccuracies);
• Makes no claims or warranties about the ownership, title, or non-infringement of any or all contents;
• Neither assumes nor accepts any liability for any costs, losses, damages (whether direct, indirect, compensatory, consequential, or punitive) arising out of or in any way connected to this site.